Monday, July 13, 2009

Beautiful Children

I was walking down a paved path through some kind of park in California. There were oak trees spotting the landscape and small ponds here and there. I noticed a lot of wildlife as well: mountain lions with cubs; rabbits; raccoons; and other small woodland creatures. Also in the park were small groups of children. They were all quite young and extremely beautiful. They had clean "church clothes" and could have come out of some GAP kids advertisement. I was concerned for their safety, being that there were wild animals around and seemingly no adults.
As I walked further, I noticed some old abandoned barns. They were extremely dilapidated and spooky as hell, but the children were playing in and around them.
I continued walking and noticed a group of parents further up the trail. They were looking at me and I could tell from their expressions that they were wary of my presence. They didn't exactly like me and I could feel it. I didn't know how to tell them that I meant them and their children no harm, and that they should really be worrying about the mountain lions that are creeping up behind their kids.

No comments: